Quality business tools make you more productive and can save you time and your sanity. …
I used to recommend using a free tool called Unroll.me to mass unsubscribe and collate promotional emails – until I found out that by giving Unroll.me access to my inbox they were also selling that data to marketing companies.
If you do decide to use Unroll.me what I recommend is that you use it to mass unsubscribe and then delete your account and revoke access as soon as you’re done.
You could just delete your account or revoke access, but or completeness it’s worth doing both.
To delete your Unroll.me account:
- Go to unroll.me in a browser and login to your account.
- Next, click on your username in the top right corner of the page and click Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Delete my account.
- Choose a reason for deleting your account in the dropdown menu and click Delete my account once more.
From within the Unroll.me app on iOS, delete your account by hitting the settings icon in the top left corner, clicking Preferences and selecting Delete account at the very bottom. Click Delete my account and Yes to confirm.
To revoke Unroll.me’s access to your Google account:
- Go to accounts.google.com and log in with your relevant google account.
- Click “Security” from the side menu.
- Scroll down and click “Manage third-party access”
- Look for Unroll.me and click to expand.
- Click Remove Access, then click OK.